Sunday, July 20, 2008

Luck of the Irish!

This is a picture of a glass of champagne I was offered when I got upgraded to Business Elite on my way to Ireland. As a result of the upgrade, I enjoyed a 4 course meal as well as a very comfortable reclining chair and unlimited wine. I slept well on the flight, needless to say.

We arrived early in Dublin; I caught an earlier bus than expected to Monaghan; and took a taxi from Monaghan to the outskirts of Newbliss where the Tyrone Guthrie Centre is located. In fact, I arrived in time for Sunday dinner with the other residents here and have taken a long walk. Off to an excellent start on my Irish adventure.

1 comment:

M. Dotson said...

Fabulous!

I was not as lucky in my travels in the sense that I sat the 10 hours flight in coach, but I was very lucky in that I even made the flight to begin with (all the non-revs for the flight made it, against the odds!), I had a great book that kept my mind elsewhere (and my patience intact) the entire time, and, best of all, all of 45 canisters of my film made it through security without being x-rayed!

p.s. Your blog is looking great. Anecdotes are where it's at!